Language Classes: CEUS offers both English as a Second Language and Spanish Literacy programs, across a range of ability levels. The latter is geared toward Spanish-speakers who need help and writing in their native language.
The classes run in three ten-week semesters a year and include three levels of English classes, a conversation class, and two levels of Spanish literacy classes. The average enrollment is about 65 English students per semester and a dozen Spanish literacy students. All classes are scheduled for a Sunday, the day when most community members are able to attend. Classes cost students a moderate $80 a semester.
Important announcement about CEUS classes in Winter 2021
All CEUS classes will take place online in the Winter 2021 Semester due to the COVID-19 pandemic. CEUS will offer two classes during the semester: Level 1 and Level 2. Both will be take place at 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sundays. The semester will begin on Jan. 24 and end on March 28.
The cost of each class will be $50, which must be paid in full before a student can take the class. Students can pay online with a credit card or at the CEUS office with cash. Students will also need a package of two textbooks, cost $35. Students that have previously taken a class with CEUS pay $45.
All registered students will be sent an email each week with details of how to log on to the class.
To get the most benefit from the class, students should preferably attend through a computer. However, it is possible to attend by using a phone.
To register online:
- Select the class you wish to attend by pressing the drop-down menu below and picking your preference.
- Click on the yellow “Donate” button (below) and select either the “Pay by Paypal” option, and login, or the “Pay by debit or credit card” option below it.
- Fill in the required information
Note: to register for a class and buy a book, make two separate payments.
To register at the office:
- Students can pay cash at the CEUS office on Monday, Tuesday and Friday between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The CEUS office will also be open at 8.30 a.m. on the first Sunday of the semester, Jan. 24, to enable students to pay.
For more details call (201) 617-2466
Winter semester 2021
Classes take place online.
Schedule- English classes:
|Level 1||10 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
|Level 2||10 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
For more information, fill out the form below.