At CEUS, we work with a skeleton staff, preferring to spend our financial resources in the immigrant community we serve. We are, therefore, dependent on our legions of volunteers to bring our programs that are so urgently needed by our clients.
Whether you are an adult, retiree, or a student, we need your skills. School and young groups requiring service hours are welcome here. Help make your community a safer, better place to live for all residents.
Here are some of the volunteer opportunities:
- ESL teachers, teach one of the five English classes every Sunday. For further details go to our ESL recruiting page.
- Spanish literacy teachers, teach native Spanish speakers who do not possess the basics of reading and writing in their own language. Classes take place on Sunday, for three, ten-week semesters a year. For further details go to our ESL recruiting page (schedule and time requirements are the same as for ESL).
- English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher – Spanish literacy teacher – Women’s issues speakers – the CEUS women’s empowerment group, “Entre Nosotras,” is looking for Spanish language expert speakers to address its monthly meetings on health, family, psychological and other issues.
In addition, we need:
- Technology specialists
- Social services volunteers
- Community organizers
- Support group facilitators
- Graphic designers to design brochures, flyers, posters
- Social media and public relations specialists
Please fill out the form below to find out how you can help.